Saturday, May 14, 2011

Where Have We Been?

Did nothing happen for an entire month in our household? Well, unless you're talking about trips to the doctor then yes, nothing much did happen. We celebrated Easter with a double ear infection for Thea, a single ear infection for Maya, and two nights running of no (and I mean no) sleep for me. I spent one night with Thea prostrate on my chest, the next night with Maya. By the third night they were both heavily medicated and peace reigned once more. It seems that whenever we go anywhere, we bring back a new strain of the cold virus. As I write, both girls have the sort of green noses that as a teacher I used to despair over when students were leaving a slug trail of slime around the room. Our pediatrician is probably planning her early retirement on the strength of these two; we're back there again next week to check that the fluid has gone from the last ear infections and who knows what else we'll discover. We have been there so often that Thea when asked what she wanted to do one day last week, said "go and play at the doctor's." She thinks that this is one of our weekly routine options for her. And next week it is.
With ears this big, an ear infection really hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment