![]() |
In addition to recommending I start potty training the girls, at our two year check up the pediatrician asked if they could climb stairs yet. I guess when I answered no, I did so ignorantly because the truth of the matter is, I never let them near our stairs. They have yet to be carpeted, they're steep, and it's enough to manage the girls on a level ground let alone on an ascending one. As far as Maya and Thea are concerned, stairs are where you sit when you're waiting to get your shoes on or off, and where Mommy stores months upon months of mail before she tosses it. However, we were told that they had 11 weeks (their adjusted two year old age) to master the skill before we'd have another appointment to schlep to; physical therapy. When the girls were younger, I actually relished any additional appointments because it was something to do. Now that they have minds of their own, and trips out require me to plan each moment strategically to ensure a good time is had by all, for my own sanity I max out at two events a week .... and prefer just one. So, I decided to start stair boot camp, and (against my natural inclination) actively encourage them to climb the stairs. Hole in one, they did it first time. How many other things can they do, but I'm stifling with my over cautious, 'not on my watch' nature? Of course now they're giving me heart attacks by pausing mid climb and turning around to look down. And as difficult as it was to climb with a toddler on each hip, I miss it so much. I can already feel my familiar batwing arms returning.
![]() |
| We Did It! |


No comments:
Post a Comment